Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Presto Chicken Pesto

I have been late on the bandwagon for tasting some delicious pesto. Back when I was a child, I always cringe on the thought of eating a "green" sauce. Not because of the green vegetable concept but because of the oiliness that I have never been keen to love. However, I have been lucky enough to try a chicken pesto sandwich which I fell in love with. Then came the obsession of finding a good enough sauce recipe for a my one true love, pasta. I think in the past years, Ive made a dozen variation of chicken pesto sauce. This by far has been the best pesto recipe Ive conjured up with. Although I will edit the post if I made some few tweaks here and there. 



the basil is the crucial part of the pesto, some likes the full grown basil leaves. However, I do love the after notes of baby basil leaves, it leaves a sweeter after notes compared to the mature ones. Although the normal basil leaves that you buy in your grocery store while suffice. The recipe also calls for some left over Rotisserie Chicken. I found rotisserie chicken to be the most flavorful for the pesto. Moreover, this recipe could easily be done within 30 minutes, or even less if all the ingredients are prepared in time. 

COOK NOTES: This pesto doesn't include pine nuts although you can definitely add 1/4 cups of pine nuts if you desire.


Ingredients : 

2     cups     Baby Basil Leaves. (washed)
3     cloves  Garlic
3/4  cups    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4  cups     Parsley (washed)
1/2  cups    Parmigiano Reggiano
2     tbs       Sour Creme

Salt and Pepper 
Left over Rotisserie Chicken
Pasta


Cook the pasta and save about a mug full of pasta water.

Combine all BASIL, PARSLEY & GARLIC in a food processor while continually dripping the OLIVE OIL. 

Add the PARMIGIANO REGGIANO and S&P

Transfer the PESTO SAUCE to a skillet with the pasta, turn the heat to low and add the shredded or cubed  CHICKEN. Add the SOUR CREME at the end, adding some extra creaminess to the dish 

Serve while warm, and topped with some parmigiano reggiano. 


No comments:

Post a Comment