Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pork Anyone?

There are days when I want to be grand in the kitchen but yet become very lazy to do so... Therefore, I tried working on my plating skills which is improving, if I may say so.... I've been in the process of making some homemade soy milk and feeling like the Asian girl that I am, I just had to pair it with some Chinese Braised Pork Belly. All I needed was to learn to make some Mantou bread and (maybe?) some Chinese grandma out there might be proud of me. But before I harness all other Chinese culinary technique, Ill settle for this tonight.




Ingredients

1    Slab of Pork Belly
2    Tbs Vegetable Oil
1    Cup Soy Sauce
3    Cup Water
3    Tbs Xiao Shing Wine
3    Tbs Dark Brown Sugar
5    Cloves of Garlic
3-4 Star Anise
6    Peppercorn
1/2 Tbs of Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbs of Onion Powder



Cut the PORK into 3-4 equal portions. Depending on the size of your slab. OR you could always cut the pork into cubes if you so desire.

In a deep pot, add the VEGETABLE OIL. When the oil is hot, sear the pork skin side down.

Add the GARLIC, SOY SAUCE, SUGAR, XIAO SHING WINE and WATER.

When the sauce begins to boil, add all the remaining ingredients. Bring to boil.

Put the lid on and reduce the heat to medium low.

After 2 hours. Ladle some of the sauce to a medium sauce pan and add 1 tbs of FLOUR mixed in 1/2 a cup of WATER to thicken. Stir for 3 minutes.

**All the ingredients here can be customize to fit the diners palate. So feel free to be a loosy-goosey on this one**

Serve on a bed of white rice and sprinkle some scallions or green onions on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment