Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Triple Death by Chocolate

Whilst Ive been away for a semester, I have come to love baking again. Although since I was a child, I have always been in-love with pastries, I only endeavor to bake cookies, cupcakes and such. However this Christmas break I attempted to be more gutsy in the baking arena and venture in creating cakes and breads.

I ventured to find the perfect chocolate cake recipe. The recipe took me two trials that went awry. The countless eggs and flour and chocolate that was used was immeasurable  One was too sweet to be consumable, and the other the frosting never set. However, one  must learn from previous mistakes and to the blessing of the baking gods I finally made the perfect chocolate cake recipe that I will probably never reveal and will be taking to my grave.

Since I personally found the recipe with constant errors and mistakes along the way, I think I am bestowed the right to name it: Calling it a Triple Death by Chocolate Cake recipe.






The middle is filled with a chocolate buttercream filling that I experimented for the right ratio of sweetness and creaminess with a hint of fluffiness. On a personal note, I always thought baking was easy-peasy, however getting the right amounts to obtain the right textures and taste was actually harder than expected.

The frosting was done with a chocolate ganache.

There is something simply perfect with a chocolate cake. No fuss, No must... Just eat!













No comments:

Post a Comment